Tuesday 15 October 2013

Assignment Four - Reflective Commentary


Demonstration Of Technical and Visual Skills

I think I managed to demonstrate good technical and visual skills during this part of the course using a wide range of materials and really making sure I tried all the techniques in as many ways as I could. Although it took much longer I'm glad I spent the extra time as I feel I've learnt a great deal. My final sample shows I am able to convert one form of artwork in to another and I'm quite pleased with the outcome. I enjoyed working within a wire structure earlier in the course but found myself wanting to make it in to a piece that had meaning and not just something created on instinct. 

Quality Of Outcome 

I think the quality of my work does tend to vary a lot and although I'm happy with my final sample I wasn't happy with the triangular wire structure I made. Although it met the criteria it just felt messy and too small. Generally though I think the presentation of my work has improved and I feel much happier sending it off.

Demonstration Of Creativity

I think the demonstration of my creativity has been quite weak through this part of the course. I felt that the project was quite exercise based and aimed to teach the techniques and didn't give a great deal of room to use my personal voice to create a piece. Although I was imaginative with the samples I produced when I started weaving I think it's difficult to see my personal voice in the work I produced. 

Context

On reflection I am happy with the work I've produced. I am unhappy that it took so long but I think I'd rather take longer and produce good , well thought out and properly researched pieces than something rushed. There are still lots of areas for me to improve on but I look forward to working with weaving more and I think it has given me plenty of original ideas for my final piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment